Yoga Somatics Certification, Big Island, Hawaii
JULY 24 - AUGUST 17, 2016
Counts a 4 modules in the 300 Hour Level II YTT
- Joy Ravelli, Founder and Yoga Master at Purusha Studio
- Eric Sparks, Co-Owner and Yoga Master at Purusha Studio
Yoga Somatics defines the classic yoga approach of Samyama- which is at its roots: mindful, creative, and explorative movement that links body, perception and breath. This practice may include authentic movement, ritual, somatic arts, and creative expression as a means toward understanding the nature of our minds, bodies, and our sense of spirituality. By practicing Yoga Somatics one may heal trauma, clear blocked energy, and awaken creative flow.
Ultimately the practitioner experiences a dynamic opportunity to live life to the fullest by understanding the nature and dimensions of the multi layered human experience.
This 5 layered model of yoga therapy includes: physical, energetic, mental, intellectual, and spiritual. The path of Yoga Somatics utilizes awareness through authentic movement, meditation and connection to self and nature as a means of clearing the body of blocked energy, healing physical tension, calming the mind, and inspiring artistic expression and wisdom. The program will draw on classic practices from, Hatha, Raja, Chakra, and Bhakti as well as authentic movement, meditationand Hawaiin huna.
Participants will experience a daily ritual of yoga practices that inspire self-exploration as well as professional application utilizing a variety of innovative approaches to teacher training including but not limited to:
Sunrise Meditation with sound and mantra healing at the ocean cliff side.
Morning Vinyasa to invigorate and inspire your own vital energy and connection to nature.
Workshop sessions that include experiential anatomy from east and west perspective, Yoga Somatic techniques and practices.
Practical Teaching experiences that ensure your development of professional skills and inner confidence.
Personal development time and space to explore discover and express your own unique voice and way.
Individualized attention and mentoring that suits your needs and desires for growth and development.
Deep exploration and practice of somatic asana, pranayama, meditation, and kriyas.
Self study through a guided exploration of classic Yoga texts such as the Sutras and Bhagavad Gita.
Group Activities that may include ritual, expressive art, nature treks, cultural excursions and Seva.
This retreat is designed for anyone who has a desire to explore, discover and express their inner truth while developing professional skills to become a gifted and inspired natural yoga teacher and/ or yoga therapist.
In this workshop you will discover key ways to utilize expressive art and authentic movement to create pathways of healing for yourself.
The week includes:
- Daily Meditation in Nature and through classic Raja Yoga techniques
- Direct readings and insights from the Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, and the Sutras for chanting, contemplation, and discussion
- Physical Practice that is nourished in a safe, and inspiring atmosphere for all levels of ability and experience
- Prana/Mana consciousness techniques (understanding the energy in all of nature and life) such as breath and energy work
- Tapping into the well of life force in your own consciousness and around us for spontaneous healing and well being
- Authentic movement scores based on a variety of inspirations to utilize in your own practice
- Expressive art opportunities that will bring into consciousness feelings and experiences that have been otherwise unrealized
- Healing sessions to become more aware and release trauma through therapeutic touch, sound, and movement
- Worldwide connections of mysticism and shamanic practices from Tibet, India, Hawaii, and Native American cultures
- Knowledge of Western Psychology, Dance Therapy, and Yogic Science research as it applies to somatic therapy and healing
Mindful, creative, and explorative movement that links body, perception and breath. The means toward understanding the nature of our minds, bodies, and sense of spirituality.
This retreat is designed for anyone who has a desire to explore, discover and express their inner truth while developing professional skills to become a gifted and inspired natural yoga teacher utilizing classic yoga, authentic movement, ritual, somatic arts, creative expression, Hawaiian Huna and spiritual healing as a means of creating a dynamic opportunity to live life to the fullest potential for themselves and future students.
Note: Kalani Retreat Center offers many options for lodging and all lodging includes 3 delicious meals per day. Workshop and Lodging is paid for separately to accommodate your budget and best price options
What it includes:
- Free unlimited attendance to group classes at Purusha Studio from the day you register until training is complete
- A 140+ page Purusha Yoga Instructor Workbook
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification with qualification to register as RYT 200 status with the Yoga Alliance
- Opportunities for employment, networking, and discounts on continued training.
(lodging costs purchased separately on Kalani Retreat Center Link above)
- $2,500 Early Bird Special Pay in full (2 months before start date)
- $2,700 – Pay in Full
- $266 – Payment Plan (12 monthly payments, $3,200 total)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a personalized payment plan for YTT programs